The Only Travel Packing Checklist You’ll Ever Need
A beach holiday is absolutely perfect for summer – lots of sun to top up your Vitamin D, swimming in the sea, beautiful sunrises and sunsets, seafood, Mai Tais, Pina Coladas or icy cold beer! Sheer bliss!
To pack right is to enjoy your whole holiday. We thought we’d help you get the perfect packing list together, so that you’re totally stress free throughout!
So, what all do you pack on a beach holiday?
First and foremost, your luggage should always be versatile and lightweight. Especially for a beach vacation, you want to make sure you don’t pack too much. You will be lounging on the beach in your bikini or trunks most of the time, so you don’t need much. Your bags should be easy to carry, too. You’ll feel more carefree.
The goal is to relieve stress, not add to it.
Here are some things to consider:
1. Use packing cubes and save space by compressing clothing – then slide these straight into the wardrobe or dresser. Use them for foot ware, toiletries, beachwear, make-up, accessories et al. You’ll be surprised at how much of space you save and you can actually reduce the amount of luggage you need. Use folders for dress clothes to keep them nice and neat.
2. Don’t forget any prescription medication, and other general medicines like those for an upset tummy, acidity, headache, nausea, allergy, women’s hygiene products, and general things like that. A small first aid travel kit is essential, as is band aids.
3. I always carry a small pouch with a sewing kit and safety pins – one can never know when this will come in handy.
4. Sanitiser and face masks are a top priority, as are disinfectant and normal tissues.
5. Travel documents should be kept in your carryon, money belt or hand bag, and then in the hotel safe. You should always have a photo identification, passports, insurance cards, credit cards. And your frequent flyer card, maps and travel guides.
6. Check the weather forecasted for the duration of your stay, and plan your packing accordingly.
7. Don’t forget to plan your departure!
- Hold your mail
- Prepay bills
- Stop deliveries
- Board your pets
- Unplug appliances
- Secure valuables
- Give travel itinerary and contacts to a trusted friend
- If needed, set timers
PACKING CHECK LIST
Here are basic items that you will need even if you plan to chill on the beach all day. And a few extras for evenings at the bar or dinners in the moonlight.
- Bathing suits/ trunks at the top of the list, at least two – you can wash and wear them.
- Sarong, cover ups, beach wraps
- Sunscreen and Cooling Gel
- Sunglasses and swimming glasses
- Tank tops, tees
- Belt if needed
- Sundresses for the ladies
- Loose fitted cotton or linen pants and shirts for the guys
- Few fun accessories
- Nightwear and a robe
- Hat or Cap
- Beach sandals or slippers
- Good book/s or your Kindle
- Cell phone and charger, power bank
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
- Shaving kit
- Light make-up
- Laptop or iPad and their chargers
- Headphones/ear pods
- Camera (but these days cell phones take fabulous pictures)
- RFID Blockers
- Tissues and wet wipes
- Bug spray
- Reusable bags and disposal bags
- Toilet Seat Sanitizer and flushable toilet seat cover
There may be a few other things that are important to you, and this list is just a starter! And it’s always fun to include games, snacky foods and chocolate! The main thing is to pack light and enjoy a carefree holiday. Don’t forget to capture lots of memories!
Photos and Illustration : Shutterstock
Trending on TFN
A homeschooled chef even before she joined Catering College in Bombay, Christine’s gastronomic journey started with mother and grandmother. Polished with a degree and 10 years of experience in the Hospitality industry, Christine’s love of food, drink and everything gastronomic has been sharpened and honed with travel across the world. Today, she shares the wealth of her foodie experience and adventures across the world with Travel and Food Network, so look forward to much more from Chrsitine!