Formerly a mountain kingdom, Sikkim is the tiniest state of India, located in the northeast. It resonates with mysticism, snow-capped mountains, Buddhist monasteries and lush valleys. Sikkim’s stunning landscape is enriched by the presence of Mount Kangchenjunga, the world’s third-highest peak, at state borders.
Journey Mart’s 8-day trip to Sikkim is your perfect summer getaway! Bask in the coolness of the northeast while you are surrounded by its vivacious culture, brimming with authenticity and tradition.
The tour takes you along a journey of a lifetime, filled with explorations of the most splendid locations and activities that revive your spirits. Here are some special experiences that you can look forward to as part of this exclusive tour:
- Visiting Sikkim’s capital city – Gangtok and walking through the town where you can shop to your heart’s content for several unique local souvenirs.
- Gaze at Mt. Kangchenjunga as it smiles from above, overlooking Gangtok.
- A tour to the historical Tsomgo Lake which holds religious significance in Buddhism and offers a picturesque sight of the water reflecting the towering mountains.
- An energizing storytelling session with ‘The Bookman of Sikkim’ – Mr Raman Shrestha, who will regale you with tales of Sikkim from the 1970s to the present day. The home-roasted Himalayan coffee served with these stories will make you feel right at home.
- A culinary delight at Lachung in North Sikkim where classical Tibetan and Sikkimese cuisine will be served.
- Enjoy leisure time at an altitude of 3700 metres, as you are surrounded by vivid colorful blossoms at Yumthang valley of flowers.
- Get a chance to relax in Tea Temi Bungalow, a British tea house, encircled by panoramic tea gardens.
- A visit to West Sikkim’s jewel, that is, the town of Pelling. Abode to a rich culture of monarchs and beautiful monasteries like Pemayangtse Monastery, this town also has choices for mountain biking, cycling, hiking and meditation.
- Walk along the thrilling Glass Skywalk, at a height of 7,200 feet. Watch the splendid flow of the Teesta and Rangit rivers from above.
It’s not just about checking your bucket list but creating unforgettable moments at Journey Mart. The smile of nature is wonderfully captured by the Sikkim tour that takes you through some incredible terrains of the northeast.
Staying at four exclusive hotels and resorts, this tour brings forth a comprehensive travel experience at affordable rates. To know more, get in touch with Journey Mart and get ready to relish the beautiful Sikkim first-hand!
Trending on TFN