In a recent development, helicopter services connecting Manipur and Mizoram have been inaugurated. This step is set to enhance the connectivity in India’s Northeastern region. Reports suggest that the helicopter route will link Churachandpur in Manipur to the Mualpui Helipad in Mizoram.
Manipur has issued a notification indicating the fare structure for this service. It has been priced at INR 4500 from Churachandpur to Aizawl, and INR 6000 for the reverse journey.
This service, often termed the Heli Service, is an initiative aimed at the Northeastern states and is backed by the Ministry of Home Affairs. This launch is anticipated to bridge the connectivity gap between Manipur and Mizoram, making commutes between them more accessible.
Here are some essential details about this new service:
- The anticipated helicopter service between the two states was inaugurated on September 27, 2023.
- The Manipur Transport Department has clarified that this endeavor is part of the Indian Government’s Helicopter Service scheme for the Northeastern states, with the Union Ministry of Home Affairs championing the initiative.
- The inaugural flight for this service embarked from Manipur’s Imphal International Airport.
- Its destination was the Mualpui helipad, situated in Aizawl’s southern vicinity in Mizoram.
- Nonetheless, it’s crucial to note that departures from Imphal International Airport are contingent on weather conditions.
Trending on TFN